I have been making quite a fair bit of shaker cards. It’s really addictive and I can’t help but to make another one.
So today, I am going to show you my aquarium, using Avery Elle Swim Team clear stamps.
Here is my creation,
Step by step instructions
- Using yellow cardstock, die cut a rectangle for the shaker window. Lightly trace the rectangle onto a water color paper to have an idea where to create the image scene.
I am using Nouveau Stamping Frame from Die’sire. You can use any nesting rectangle dies to cut out the shaker window.
- Cut out two strips of turquoise cardstock and trim the scalloped edges using Mama Elephant Borderline Trios. Adbere to top and bottom of the yellow cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment and fish on yellow cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black.
- Layer a twine and adhere at the back of the yellow cardstock, to keep the twine in place.
- On the water color paper, stamp all the images using Versafine Onyx Black. Let it dry completely before coloring.
- Color with Derwent Intense Color Pencils and spread the color using a wet paint brush.
For coloring the water, I have used water that is mixed with Ranger Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearls so the water area exudes a layer of subtle shimmer.
- Adhere some clear beads with Glossy Accent to make it look like bubbles for the fish, and some colored beads on the sand bed to make it look like pebbles.
- Adhere two layers of foam on the water color paper forming a border around the stamped images, this should be done about 2-3mm away from the traced rectangle which is the shaker window size.
I am using normal white fun foam cut into strips of about 1cm. To make it two layer, I just layer it on top of one another adhered with Glossy Accent. Let it try completely or it will be wobbly.
- Add in random sequins and beads within the foam border.
- Apply Sookwang double sided tape on the foam and once that is done, layer the yellow cardstock over it.
- The whole shaker is now ready! Adhere to card base using Sookwang double sided tape.
I love Sookwang double sided tape. It is super sticky and economical to use. It takes a bit more effort to cut into strips, but the quality is fantastic!
I hope you like this creation!
Here’s a look at the wonder clear stamp from Avery Elle. There are so many images to use to create your own card scene. Lovely!
I have mentioned that I use Sookwang double sided tape. It’s a wonderful product and the same roll has lasted me for a long time. Ever have trouble adhering small die cuts? Well, before you cut, paste the double sided tape on the card stock and then, do the cut. When that is done, you can easily peel off the backing and adhere easily.
Tools and supplies
- Avery Elle Swim Team clear stamps
- Nouveau Stamping Frame from Die’sire
- Border Trios from Mama Elephant
- Versafine Onyx Black
- Derwent Intense color pencils
- Paint brush
- Ranger Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearls shade
- Beads and sequins
- Sookwang double sided tape
- White fun foam
- Ranger Glossy Accent