Happy weekend, everyone!
Inspired by the color palette and flower theme from The Card Concept, in celebrating their first anniversary, I decided to do something along the same color and theme and add a message that has a mention of “one” in it.
So, here is what I came up with using some of my old stamps (both woodmounted and clear stamps) from Hero Arts.
Going with the color palette, I used Versacolor 187 sage on Hero Arts F2897 A Real Wild Poppy, 134 Petal Pink and 151 Sand Beige on Hero Arts C2901 A Real Wild Phlox.
These are the stamps I did first to create the background as the shades are all light, which I intended to make it that way.
Next, I used Versacolor 24 Opera Pink and 34 Orchid on Hero Arts E2898 to stamp a stand-alone flower on a separate cardstock.
I inked the center of the stamp with Versacolor 34 Orchid and used the darker 24 Opera Pink on the outside of the flower. I mist it slightly with water so that the stamped image is softer, well blended and misty looking.
I trimmed the flower out and placed it over background cardstock to determine where is the suitable place to stamp the sentiment.
Finally, I stamped the Hero Arts “1 of a kind” sentiment using Versacolor 24 Opera Pink. After it’s dried, I actually stamped the sentiment again with Versamark Watermark over the sentiment and did embossing using clear embossing powder.
I wanted to do this additional step as I find that Versamark embossing will be more prominent, rather than just using the pigment ink, especially when the sentiment is fine and smaller in size.
As you can see, the embossed sentiment is more prominent for this small sentiment.
I also added a little Ranger glossy accent in the center of the trimmed out flower and added some glitter. Well, that flower is “1 of a kind”…I definitely have to pay a little more attention to the details!
Lastly, this is my favorite part! I edged the whole cardstock on four sides with Versacolor 34 Orchid, dabbed with clear embossing powder and emboss it. I like this method as it creates a very nice frame around the cardstock and the embossing creates a little raised border around it too!
I adhered the flower to the cardstock using foam tape and finally pasted the whole cardstock over the card base using foam tape as well.
So, there you go, a very simple card that I made, in celebration of The Card Concept first anniversary and the layout inspiration is from CASE(E) this Sketch.
I am also making my very first entry to Craft Stamper Magazine to demonstrate the ease of using basic stamps and different stamping techniques to create a different stamping effect.
This is a very old woodmounted stamp I have for many years. It is the very first time I am using it to create background and using only part of the whole image to create something new. It is also the first time I am exploring a new technique of stamping watermark over a stamped sentiment to have a better embossed effect. And so, I have also decided to submit to Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge for the theme of mixing the old with new and in this case, I am mixing old stamp with new approach and technique.
I hope you like it and give it a try, especially misting your inked stamps before stamping and inking the edges of your image cardstock.
Tools and Supplies
- Hero Arts F2897 A Real Wild Poppy Woodmounted Stamp
- Hero Arts C2901 A Real Wild Phlox Woodmounted Stamp
- Hero Arts E2989 A Real Sierra Primrose Woodmounted Stamp
- Hert Arts CL129 Anytime Messages clear stamp set
- Versacolor 187 Sage, 134 Petal Pink, 151 Sand Beige, 24 Opera Pink and 34 Orchid
- Versamark Watermark
- Clear embossing powder
- Foam Tape
- EK Success Craft scissors