It’s another challenge week from CASology blog on the cue word - NEWS.
I was thinking of an old friend who has been away for awhile now and have not heard from her for quite sometime and was hoping to hear of some “news” update and that was my source of inspiration for this week’s challenge.
Here is my clean and simple card design, asking for some “news”,
Using two stamps from Mama Elephant, this is a relatively easy card to make, emphasizing on the “sentiment”.
I didn’t want to use black ink as it would really look like the previous design I made using this same stamp set.
Step by step instructions
- Stamp typewriter from Mama Elephant Type It Clear Stamp Set on card base with Memento Rich Cocoa.
- Stamp the paper image on a separate cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa.
- Die cut the paper image using Mama Elephant Type It Coordinating Die. I trim the base of the paper image so that the paper will be tilted when placed on the typewriter image. After trimming, I ink the base of the paper image with the same Memento Rich Cocoa ink.
- Stamp sentiment “Watts Up” from Mama Elephant Lights Out set by stamping “WAT” first, then “S” and finally “UP?”. While inking the individual section of the sentiment, just mask with washi tape and remove the tape before stamping.
- Adhere the paper image to card base using Sookwang (one of the best double sided tape that is acid-free, strong in adhering different mediums and not messy at all!) double sided tape at the base of the paper image. I use one layer foam tape in the middle and two layers of foam tape at the top of the paper image.
Supplies and Tools
- Mama Elephant Type It Clear Stamp
- Mama Elephant Type It Coordinating Cuts
- Mama Elephant Lights Out Clear Stamp
- Memento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink
- Double Sided and foam tape