Today, I am going to share with you a clean and simple one layer card I made with Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together clear stamps.
And also to let you know I made a BOO-BOO here but tried to salvage it as I really liked this simple design.
Here is my creation today,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp images using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink using a white card stock as the card base. Mask the sitting penguin before stamping toboggan.
- Color all images with Copic Markers (W7, E00, YG00, B12, B000).
- Mask the snow area and the penguins and blend Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass, adding more pressure near to the mask and lighten it as you blend towards the sky.
- Apply EK powder tool over the sky area. Stamp sentiment using Watermark and emboss with Zing embossing powder – Teal (Metallic Finish).
I had wanted a really simple card that is made up of four color palette – Black, yellow, shell and light blue…but after blending the sky…things changed! 🙂
The BOO-BOO is the weird tumbled glass color I got from blending! It must have mixed with some green color on the blending foam and it became teal in color. With that, I decided to emboss the sentiment with Teal color to kinda match the colors. 🙂
I decided to keep sky clear and snow area totally untouched as I wanted to have a subtle split of the ground and sky area with just that simple blending.
I hope you like this Christmas card idea. Check out the Toboggan Together clear stamps, they have adorable critters for the coming Christmas card making theme,
Supplies and Tools
- Lawn Fawn LF976 Toboggan Together
- Copic Markers – W7, E00, YG00, B12, B000
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Watermark ink pad
- Zing embossing powder – Teal (Metallic Finish)