Happy Wednesday to everyone,
It is time for Colour Me Card Challenge and this week’s colour is Real Red, my very first contribution as part of the Design Team. Just one truly beautiful color and my intent is to bring out the real red from the mellow, neutral images and background.
For the Colour Me Challenges, get crafty and use the colour for any craft like greeting cards, 3D projects, scrapbooking, digital or traditional crafts, costumes, etc. Only the colours indicated on the challenge may be used but neutrals such as black, grey, white, vanilla, skin colours and kraft are also acceptable.
Here is my creation,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp squirrel using Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink - Walnut on Kraft paper.
- Mask squirrel with Post-It and stamp the logs, with additional masking required for the log.
- Stamp small mushrooms and mask them with Post-It before stamping the larger mushroom.
- Stamp small patches of grass.
- Color with Copic Markers.
- Color the white with white gel pen.
- Stamp sentiment.
- Layer a ribbon over Kraft paper, with its ends adhered to the back.
- Use a small piece of twine and tie a knot on the ribbon.
- Attach Kraft paper over a red cardstock using double sided tape.
- Attach the whole design to the card base using double sided tape.
More inspiration from the rest of the Design Team members? Check it out,
Here’s a closer look at the stamp set by Mama Elephant,
Tools and Supplies