Happy Wednesday everyone,
It’s time again for Colour Me Card Challenge and after last week’s subtle colour palette, how about a little burst of bright fruity colour.
I think this is a lovely colour combination and this is what I came up with using Mama Elephant Honey Bunny clear stamp set.
Notice all the matching colour of the image lines and colouring? I am using the technique of inking all my stamps with distress markers for stamping. With this technique, you will get a nice image lines that matches the colour you intend to colour with.
To match the colour palette for this week, I have used Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold and Ripe Persimmon.
Step by step instructions
- On a water colour paper, stamp the bunny by inking the stamp with Tattered Rose Distress Marker. Mask right hand of bunny with some Post-It Tag.
- Stamp carrot by inking half of the stamp with Ripe Persimmon and Mowed Lawn.
- Bend sentiment to a slight curve and stamp by inking with Seedless Preserves.
- Stamp the bracket by inking stamp with Mowed Lawn.
- Transfer distress inks for bunny, carrots, bracket and sentiment onto an acrylic block, use water colour brush pen to pick up the ink and water colour all the stamp images and sentiment. I use Dried Marigold to color the carrot instead of Ripe Persimmon.
- Colour background using Mowed Lawn. Careful not to spread too much water over the stamped images as all the distress ink will blend.
- Stamp the grass patch by inking the stamp with Mowed Lawn after the background is dry.
- Trim corners of water colour paper with corner punch.
- Layer over a purple cardstock.
- Cut a small slit where the card base folds and run through a twine. Tie a ribbon.
- Layer your stamp image on card base using foam tape.
I hope you like this card and play along with this wonder colour palette.
Tip : If the stamped image isn’t clear, use the fine tip of Distress Marker to go over the image lines.
Let’s look at the rest of the Design Team member’s creation to get more inspiration,
So, are you ready to get crafty and use the colours for any craft like greeting cards, 3D projects, scrapbooking, digital or traditional crafts, costumes, etc. Only the colours indicated on the challenge may be used but neutrals such as black, grey, white, vanilla, skin colours and kraft are also acceptable.
Supplies and Tools
- Mama Elephant Honey Bunny Clear Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Seedless preserves, Mowed Lawn, Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon.
- Green Card Base
- Purple Card Stock
- Foam Tape
- Corner Punch
- Water Colour Paper