It’s another week of Colour Me Card Challenge and I am always very excited when there is only ONE colour to play with, that makes me want to focus on just one colour and yet using techniques to make it stand out.
This is my creation for this week and I hope you like the technique of blending distress ink plus a little sprinkle of water to let it work it’s magic on distress ink.
Step by step instructions
- Cut out a rectangular masking paper and paste on the card base.
- Blend Distress Ink - Dusty Concord using Blending tool all over the card base, adding a little more ink around the edges of the card base.
- Sprinkle some water all over the card base and some of the distress ink will start to spread and leave “water mark”. Use heat tool to dry (optional, you can just leave it to dry).
- Remove rectangular masking paper.
- Stamp flower images with Versacolor - 26 Heliotrope.
- Stamp sentiment using Versacolor - 26 Heliotrope. (As this is pigment ink, let it dry completely, you can use heat tool to speed up the drying process)
- Use Wink of Stella - Clear and dab all over flower images and sentiment. Dab instead of brush through as distress ink and pigment ink will spread when in contact with Wink of Stella. So, please lightly dab all over so that the stamped images and sentiment exudes a subtle sparkle.
- Adhere sequins using Ranger Glossy Accent.
- Tie twine at the folding of card base.
Here’s a closer look at the subtle shimmer from Wink of Stella - Clear,
I would like to highlight Hero Arts Thank You For Being My Friend stamp set, it makes it a wonderful set to make cards for friends. Here is the stamp set,
I am using Hero Arts Flower Garden for the flowers. This is a great set as it has 26 individual flower/branches/leaves images that allows you to create your own design. Indeed a very versatile set to own.
Hope you like this creation.
More inspiration from the rest of the Design Team members? Check it out,
Hope to see you at CMCC #83 and play along with this soothing color!
Supplies and Tools