It’s time for CMCC and this week’s colour palette is sure to excite you. How about mixing some “candilicious” Daffodil Delight & Melon Mambo with a dull Basic Grey?
Step by step instructions
- On a water colour paper, wet it with thick paint brush. Using Distress Ink - Iced Spruce and a smaller paint brush, transfer the distress ink over the wet colour paper to let the colour spread to get a grey background. Tap some water off the paint brush onto the water colour paper to get small specks of watermark. Let the ink dry.
- Stamp the clouds using Distress Ink - Iced Spruce. If the stamped image is not clear, use distress marker fine tip to correct the image.
- On a separate water colour paper, stamp umbrella using Versafine Onyx Black and emboss with clear embossing powder. Water colour the umbrella by transfering Distress Marker - Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed ink with a fine water colour brush. Fussy cut out the umbrella (Avery Elle dies are available here as well for fast cut).
- Position the umbrella on the water colour paper to help determine the position to stamp the umbrella handle and sentiment.
- Stamp both the umbrella handle and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black and emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Round the corners of water colour paper with Carl corner punch.
- Ink round the water colour with Distress Ink - Iced Spruce.
- Adhere umbrella top using foam tape.
- Adhere the whole design onto white cardstock using Sookwang double sided tape.
Hope you are inspired by this colour combination as much as I am and make a wonderful craft project with this colour theme. More inspiration can be found at the Design Team Members’ blogs here,
Let’s take a look at the stamp set and dies. I do not have the dies for this set yet. The clear stamp set comes with lovely sentiment to go with it. I like how the umbrella is split into several parts so you can play around with creating your own design.
Supplies and Tools
- Avery Elle Weather It Clear Stamp Set
- Distress Markers - Iced Spruce, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Clear embossing Powder
- Sookwang double sided tape
- Carl corner punch