Happy Monday everyone,
I have been quite busy this June as it is the school holidays. At the same time, I have been preparing for my new role as the Design Team Member role with Colour Me Card Challenge and I can’t wait to get started on July 1st! Be sure to join me with all the wonderful colour palettes coming up!
This week, I want to share with you a series of cards that features Mama Elephant Products.
They may not be the latest release but it doesn’t really matter because the designs are timeless. I always collect all the innovative and versatile clear stamps that can create a whole lot of cards for different occasion. And it is time for me to “re-visit” these stamps and create some crafting fun!
So for the next few days, I will be featuring cards using Potted Pretties as the main design plus a few others to complement and create something different! I hope you like what you see here and stay with me for this week for card ideas using Potted Pretties.
First up, an adorable Congratulations card for new baby,
Step by step instructions
- On a water color paper, stamp the potted plants with Versafine Onyx Black and sentiment “Your Family is Growing”.
- Mask sentiment from Mama Elephant - Surprise Sentiments Clear stamp set, except the word “Congrats” and ink it. Remove mask and stamp the sentiment.
- Water color the image using Distress markers (Iced Spruce, Chipped Sapphire, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmon) and water color brush.
- Round the corners of the water color paper with corner punch.
- Adhere to card base using foam tape.
This is a very simple card to make but with the adorable image from the Potted Pretties, it is enough to make the whole card attractive without adding too much embellishment.
Let’s take a look at the stamps I have use for this project. I love all the expressions and little decorative butterfly and bee, there is just a lot more you can do with these images.
I am using the Surprise Sentiments for the “Congrats” and it is a great set for bold greetings. Mask part of the sentiments and have fun creating something different for your greetings.
Supplies and Tools