Inspired by the song “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend”, I decided to make a card just to emphasize on the beautiful gem stone.
I am using the embossing folder from Pink Paislee Shine Bright but I added a few accents like die cuts and wink of stella to bring out the effect.
Here is my creation for today,
Step by step instructions
- Die cut diamond shape and outline using water color paper with Echo Park Paper Diamond set.
- For the diamond shape die cut, color with Distress markers - Tumbled Glass at the base of the diamond. Use Wink of Stella - Clear to blend the blue color upwards to the top of the diamond.
- For the diamond shape outline die cut, apply Wink of Stella - Clear. Attach the outline shape onto the diamond shape with Ranger Glossy Accent.
- Emboss card base using Bella Rouge Pink Paislee Shine Bright embossing folder.
- Color the sparkling lines with Distress Markers and apply Wink of Stella - Clear to the rest of the sparkling lines.
- Apply wink of Stella - Clear over the sentiment “Shine Bright”.
- Attach diamond die cut onto card base using foam tape.
The whole idea about this card is that I want to maintain the design of the embossing folder as I think it’s really pretty.
But I am using a white card base and the embossed design doesn’t stand out as much as I want to. So, I decided to add the die cut diamond, play around with Wink of Stella - Clear (my craft essential) and to bring out the embossing folder design to another level.
This is a relatively easy method and if you have really pretty embossing folder, have a go at bringing the embossed image out. Have fun!
Supplies and Tools
- Bella Rouge Pink Paislee Shine Bright Embossing Folder
- Echo Park Paper Diamond Die Set
- Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella - Clear
- Tim Holtz Distress Marker - Tumbled Glass
- Water color paper
- Foam Tape
- Evolution Advanced