Good Friday to all and I hope you have had a wonderful week so far. Enjoy the long weekend with this simple encouragement card I made using Lawn Fawn LF383 Flutter By clear stamps set.
Very similar to the previous card of using the round stencil to create a circle, the difference in this design is to create more like a sunrise effect, thus, blending of the ink is concentrated only on half of the circle and letting the rest of the circle blend towards the background color of the card base.
Here is my creation for today,
Step by step instructions
- Using circle stencil, blend in Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dried Marigold with a blending sponge, concentrating on the upper half of the circle stencil. Using the blending sponge, ink with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade and gently dab over the blended background. Instead of using blending technique, the dabbing gives clearer specs of the darker tone of Spiced Marmalade.
- Stamp flower image from Flutter By Clear Stamp set with Lawn Fawn Premium Dye Ink - Walnut and mask the flower before stamping the leaves.
- Stamp butterfly from Flutter By Clear Stamp set on a separate cardstock.
- Color all images using Copic Markers.
- Die cut butterfly using Lawn Fawn LF797 Flutter By Dies.
- Place butterfly to where you want it to be on the card and using that to position and stamp sentiment “You Inspire Me”.
- Bend the wings of butterfly slightly, apply Ranger Glossy accent to adhere the butterfly to the card base (I apply the glossy accent to the body of the butterfly, added small foam tapes to the wings so that it gives the dimension of the butterfly for the finished card).
- Apply Zig Wink of Stella - Clear on the orange part of the butterfly as well as the body.
I hope this card inspires you! Have a great weekend ahead.
Supplies and Tools
- Lawn Fawn LF383 Flutter By Clear Stamp Set
- Lawn Fawn LF797 Flutter By Dies
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink Pad - Walnut for stamping
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade e for color blending
- Copic markers for coloring
- Zig Wink of Stella for accents
- Ranger Glossy Accent for adhering butterfly
- Foam Tape for adhering wings of butterfly