Today, I am going to share with you this general greeting card idea suitable for any occasion, using just one clear stamp set from Paper Smooches.
I love the design on this clear stamp which has a two lovely bunches of flowers, which really saves time where you need to get a bunch of flowers up without having to do individual stamping and masking.
However, if the bunch of flowers is not sufficient, you can always add more, just like what I did for this design.
I really like the larger bunch of flowers from this set, but after stamping, I find it wasn’t “large” enough to fill the bottom left of my card. And so, I added one more branch of flower as well as another flower at the bottom left to complete the whole design.
This is what I have created,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp the larger bunch of flower on an ivory card stock with Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink Pad - Walnut.
- Ink additional flowers and stamp near to image to cover bottom left of the card stock with Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink Pad - Walnut.
- Stamp sentiment next to flower image.
- Color image with Copic Sketch Markers. For the background, I color with a mix of E50, E44, E00 and E31, leaving some white border around the card stock.
- Using a cloth, wet a small area with Copic Colorless Blender and gently dab over the top right of the card stock, to have misty white blended areas.
- Round the corners of the card stock with a corner puncher.
- Scrape the sides of the card stock using Making Memories scraper tool.
- Ink the sides with Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink Pad - Walnut.
- Attach card stock onto card base using foam tape.
I wanted a very mellow and neutral background but vibrant and bright flowers, hence the choice of coloring the background in the color tone of my choice.
It has a more vintage and aged look due to the sides of the card stock, but it doesn’t look “old” due to the colorful flowers.
I hope you like this card idea and give it a try.
Here is a closer look at the stamp set I used for this card.
Supplies and Tools
- Paper Smooches J2S216 Blossoming Buds
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink Pad - Walnut
- Copic markers
- Making Memories Edge Scraper Tool
- Carl Round Corner Punch
- Foam Tape