Hope you had a great weekend!
I can never get tired of gold embossing and this “Grateful for you” card is inspired by the ethic fabric print of the Straits Born Chinese. I was also inspired by the intricate design of Indian sari fabric as they are often in bright colors, accentuated with fine lines of gold.
So, here is what I came up with, using Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds,
For this project, my intent is to use water coloring technique but I wanted to achieve bright and brilliant colors as well as to add shimmer. So, I mixed Tim Holtz Distress markers with Wink of Stella - Clear to get the effect, instead of using the usual water color brush.
I really love the shimmer effect, here is a close up,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp floral image top and bottom on watercolor paper with Watermark ink.
- Emboss with Hero Arts gold embossing powder.
- Stamp sentiment with watermark ink and emboss with Hero Arts gold embossing powder.
- Color with Distress markers, using Wink of Stella - Clear to blend in for different shades as well as to add the subtle shimmer on the image.
- Trim watercolor paper and round the four corners.
- Attach to card base using foam tape.
Don’t worry about dirtying the tip of Wink of Stella pen, after use, just color it off on a scrap paper, the distress marker colors will go off and the Wink of Stella will still stay clear. So, after every use with a Distress Color, just clean it before proceeding to another color.
This is a beautiful floral set and I love how there are additional bold flowers and leaves in the set to mix and match.
I hope you like this design. Have a great week ahead.
Supplies and Tools
- Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds
- Watermark Ink Pad
- Hero Arts Gold embossing powder
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers
- Wink of Stella - Clear
You may check out the supplies availability here.