A simple handmade card using just the Penny Black Bugsy and Owly clear stamp set, paired off with Lawn Fawn dialogue bubble clear stamp set. Well, you can just leave that dialogue bubble out and I think it will still turn out really well.
This whimsical and playful clear stamp is really adorable. I am only using the bird for this card, wait till you see the cute owls and other sentiments, it’s really a fun set of stamps to create cute greetings.
Well, the trick is using very basic stamp to create a totally different image. I have used the branch from the clear stamp set and created a whole tree. Use different color pigment ink (green and brown) for the branch and leaves, and it’s done!
Very minimal coloring, just playing around with ink pads and stamps.
Supplies and Tools
- Cream card base
- Extra cream card stock for the dialogue bubble (optional)
- Penny Black 30-110 Bugsy and Owly Clear Stamp Set
- Lawn Fawn LF431 A Birdie Told Me and LF485 A Birdie Told Me Dies
- Versacolor Green Tea (161) and Bark (154) Pigment Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink
- Foam tape (if using dialogue bubble die cut)
Step by step instructions
- Ink the branch with Versacolor Bark. Stamp and get the general shape of a simple tree.
- Ink the leaves with Versacolor Green Tea and stamp all over for the leaves.
- In the grass with Versacolor Green Tea and stamp at the bottom, some ink it lightly to have a lighter tone.
- Stamp bird with Memento dye ink.
- Stamp message using Versacolor Bark either directly on card base or an extra cream card stock if you intend to have a dialogue bubble die cut.
- Color bird with copic markers.
- Paste dialogue bubble using foam tape (if using).