If you have been following my instagram, you probably would have seen that short video of my Mama Elephant loot a few days ago.
I couldn’t wait to get my hands to stamp all these new images as they are absolutely versatile in creating different images for different occasions.
Today, I am going to use two stamp sets, Carnival Cupcakes and a complimentary set, Carnival toppers to get some happy birthday card ideas going.
Here is my creation to share with you,
Here are the steps I took and all stamping is with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Stamp the ribbon and stamp another on post-it to mask the stamped image (Carnival Toppers set).
- Stamp cupcake holder (Carnival Cupcakes set).
- Stamp cupcake toppings (Carnival Cupcakes set).
- Stamp candle (Carnival Toppers set).
- Using sentiment from Carnival Toppers set, I split the stamping of the whole sentiment by masking part of it while stamping.
- Color image with Copic markers
- Add Zig’s Wink of Stella - Red to part of the ribbon and dot a little on the fire.
- Add Glossy Accent to the small cherries on the cupcake.
For the background, it is the same technique I used for this card. However, you will notice a little difference in the effect due to the different card base used.
For the earlier card I made, I used Linen Textured card base. For this, it is Hammered Textured.
This is my Day 16 Coloring Challenge hosted by Kathy from The Daily Marker.
I hope you like this design. Do drop me comments on your thoughts too, I would love to hear from you.
Supplies and tools
- Mama Elephant Carnival Cupcakes
- Mama Elephant Carnival Toppers
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Copic Markers
- Ranger Glossy Accent
- Zig Wink of Stella - Red