Is it too early for Christmas 2015? I guess not!
Today I want to share with you not just another card idea, but a fun and cool technique you can use to stamp a colorful sentiment.
Here’s my colorful shaker card using Mama Elephant Alphine Carolers clear stamp set.
Did you notice my sentiment is colorful with various colors?
Are you stocking up too many pattern papers and not knowing what to do with them?
Are you tired of your old pattern papers and don’t want to use them for your projects because they are already “off-season”?
If your answer to the above is “YES”, here is a fun and cool two step technique to use your unwanted pattern papers.
- Stamp sentiment using watermark ink on the pattern paper and emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Blend dark color ink onto the pattern paper to mute the whole background.
- No step 3…what you will get is a colorful sentiment of the pattern paper color!!! Isn’t that awesome?
I have deliberately used a very fine and thin sentiment for this technique.
You will notice that it doesn’t have to be a thick chunky lettering to bring out the colors from the pattern paper to be obvious.
I hope you get to try out this fun and cool technique to bring out some colors for your stamped sentiment.
The pattern paper I have used for the background is the same I did the stamping on.
Share this fun technique with your craft friends, they will love it for sure! It’s a great way to utilize all the left over pattern papers.
Supplies and tools
- Mama Elephant Alpine Carolers
- Mama Elephant Alpine Carolers Creative Cuts
- MFT In&Out Stitch Rounded Squares
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Pattern Paper
- Double sided tape
- Distress Markers for coloring images
- Distress Ink Pad for blending background (I used Black Soot to mute the background)
- Range Mini Round Blending Tool