Today, I am going to show you with the use of dry embossing and a little bit of accent on a simple water color background, you will be able to bring out texture and dimension to a card that is almost white throughout.
Step by step instructions
- Wet the water color paper on the area intended for stamping the sentiment using a thick paint brush.
- Pick up distress ink colors Tumbled Glass and Broken China with wet paint brush and dab over the wet area of the water color paper and let the ink spread.
- Pick up distress ink colors Stormy Sky with wet paint brush and lightly tap off the water droplets over the water colored area to create little water stain marks.
- Set it dry with heat tool.
- Stamp sentiment using watermark ink and emboss with Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder. Heat set with heat tool.
- Emboss top and bottom of the water color using Lifestyle Craft Embossing Folders Polka Dot, leaving out the water color area with the stamped sentiment.
- Attach water color onto card base using foam tape.
- Add drops of Ranger Glossy accent randomly to make it like water droplets, to compliment with the embossed polka dots.
Hope you like this creation. It’s simple but with the use of dry embossing and simple accents, it does bring out texture and dimension for a simple card.
Supplies and tools
- Simon Says Stamp SSS101429 Sending Happy Thoughts
- Distress Ink Markers – Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Stormy Sky
- Watermark Ink Pad
- Ranger Foam White Embossing Powder
- Lifestyle Craft Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- Ranger Glossy Accent