Happy Saturday everyone!
Today I am going to share with you this birthday card I made using Lawn Fawn Party Animal.
It has three very adorable critters and after having this for quite some time, I finally get a chance to use it for this project, inspired by three separate challenges.
Here is what I created today,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp party trumpet on water color paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, mask the stamp image before stamping the bear.
- Stamp bear, followed by the party hat and cake using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- Water color image by using inks from Distress Markers with the following colors - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Spun Sugar, Salty Ocean, Worn Lipstick, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Iced Spruce.
- Cut out water color tag using MFT Pierced Oval Stax dies.
- On the card base, mask the four sides of the cover to have a uniform thin border with masking paper. Blend the background using the following distress markers - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Iced Spruce with Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool.
- In a small spray bottle, mix a little water with some Ranger Perfect Pearls powder. Shake and spritz over the blended background. Sit back and watch the ink spread to a really pretty and natural water marks. There will be shimmer over it due to the Perfect Pearls. (Optional: you may use the heat tool to quicken the drying of the background)
- Once the back ground is dry, stamp sentiment “Let’s Party” by bending the photopolymer stamp slightly to form a curve using Versafine Majestic Blue ink. Let it dry.
- Attach the oval image tag onto card base using foam tape.
- Adhere sequins on card base using Ranger glossy accent.
- Finishing touches by using Wink of Stella - Clear to add more sparkle on the card base watermark areas as well as the grey background on the oval tag.
See all the tiny little sparkle from Wink of Stella?
This color palette is pretty much inspired by cotton candy. All the pretty bright and sweet colors, well…except for the Iced Spruced tone.
I hope you like this creation and have fun playing with Lawn Fawn Party Animals and stretching your Distress Markers for water coloring and blending background.
Let’s take a look at the clear stamp set from Lawn Fawn,
Supplies and Tools