Inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch card challenge, I decided to use Waffle Flower Doily Square for this Love and Happiness card.
I wanted to make a single layer card, playing around with different shades of pink and bringing out the sentiment with a bold navy color.
This is what I have created,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp bold background using Brilliance Rocket Red Gold. Let it dry completely or you may heat set it dry to quicken the drying process.
- Brush EK Powder tool all over the card to rid all static. Stamp sentiment using Versafine Majestic Blue and embossed with clear embossing powder.
- Stamp the three lines to mimic the banner from the challenge using Altenew Crisp Inks – Frosty Pink.
- Stamp all the hearts and dots (Dots and small hearts are from Waffle Flower Doily Circle) using Altenew Crisp Inks – Grapevine & Frosty Pink.
- Apply ranger glossy accent onto the dots.
I do love the Brilliance Archival Ink due to the lovely shimmer I get, here is a closer look,
I hope you like this single layer card but with playing of different ink effect, it gives a illusion of multiple layers.
I am really quite crazy of Waffle Flower Doily Circle and Doily Square (which I just managed to purchase online). I love the fact that they can be used as the main design or create your own background.
Here are the two clear stamps. I used mostly from Doily Square, but the small hearts and dots are from Doily Circle. These two sets go together really well.
You may check out my other projects using Doily Circle here.
Supplies and Tools
- Waffle Flower Doily Square clear stamps
- Waffle Flower Doily Circle clear stamps
- Brilliance Archival Pigment Ink Pad – Rocket Red Gold
- Altenew Crisp Inks – Grapevine & Frosty Pink
- Versafine Ink Pad – Majestic Blue
- Clear embossing powder
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Ranger Glossy Accent