Today’s card is using this very adorable Mama Elephant Charmed clear stamp set.
I do not have the craft die to cut out the wreath and banner, so I decided on a one layer card but using different inks to stamp the banner to make it look like it’s a different layer.
Here is my creation,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp the banner with Mama Elephant Pigment Ink - Coral Burst on white card base. Mask the banner with masking paper.
- Ink the wreath with Memento ink and stamp. The masking paper will protect the banner from being stamped by the wreath image.
- Stamp owl using Memento ink.
- Stamp sentiment using Memento ink.
- Color image with Copic Markers. Add light grey tones around the image to give an illusion that it stands out from the white card base.
- Add Wink of Stella - Clear at the darker part of the banner.
With the softer banner ink used, it looks as if the banner is floating above the wreath. No creative die for this set at the moment, no worries! With a little technique in inking, that is still able to make a 2D image come alive.
A very simple card today using one clear stamp set. I think this set is really lovely and will work even better with the creative die.
I will have to include the craft die in my next purchase with SSS.
Here’s a look at the Charmed clear stamp set,
Tools and Supplies
- Mama Elephant Charmed Clear stamp set
- Mama Elephant Creative Color Pigment Ink pad - Coral Burst
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Wink of Stella - Clear
- Copic Markers