This week has been dedicated to the wonderful Mama Elephant Potted Pretties clear stamp as I really like the potted plants, little extra images and sentiments from this set.
For the past four days, I have been using this set to create different scenes, some with the help of other Mama Elephant products while some clean and simple cards are made just with the use of this stamp set.
This is the last card for this week using this set, but I am sure I will use this again in the future.
Here is my creation to share with you,
Step by step instructions
- On a hot pressed water color paper, stamp potted cactus and potted strawberry using Versafine Vintage Sepia. Stamp again on a masking paper and trim out the images. Mask the stamped images with the masking paper.
- For the plant at the background, I use a different pot from the same stamp set. Use washi tape to cover the image pot before inking. Stamp the plant. Next, take the other potted plant, use washi tape to cover the plant, ink the pot. Stamp the pot.
- Stamp sentiment, bee and ants (from Mama Elephant Small Talk clear stamp set) using Versafine Vintage Sepia.
- Stamp another bee on an extra water color paper to be trimmed out after coloring.
- Color image using Derwent Intense ink pencils, blend color with water color brush.
- Layer water color paper over a green cardstock with double sided tape.
- Use twine and tie a small ribbon.
- Layer over card base using foam tape.
- Adhere the extra bee image onto the design using foam tape.
Here are two stamp sets I have used for this project. I think they are great to incorporate together and create a totally different scene.
I hope you like this creation and if you haven’t already own the two clear stamps sets above, you can really consider getting them. Here are the links showing projects using these stamp sets,
Supplies and tools
- Mama Elephant Small Talk Clear Stamp
- Mama Elephant Potted Pretties Clear Stamp
- Versafine Vintage Sepia Pigment Ink
- Water Color Paper (Hot Pressed - smoother surface)
- Green card stock for layering
- Foam Tape
- Double sided tape
- Water Color Brush
- Derwent Intense Ink Pencils