Happy Thursday everyone,
Some time back, I was smitten by gold and felt that gold is the new black!
And I came across CAS on Sunday Challenge with the theme GOLD. It’s trending…yeah! Lovely color and best when it’s embossed.
So, here is my creation that I finally put together with my brand new WPlus9 Sparkle & Shine clear stamp set.
Step by step instructions
- Create own background using distress markers on transparency, spray a little water and transfer to card base. Set it dry by using heat tool.
- Stamp sentiment with watermark ink and emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Stamp jewels images randomly on the background with watermark ink and emboss with sparkle embossing powder.
- Add sequins by adhering to card base using glossy accent.
- Add Wink of Stella - Clear on the stamped jewels for subtle shimmer.
The stamped jewel is very subtle and when it is put under bright light, it really gives that shimmer. I enjoy this technique of using watermark ink for stamping and embossing it with either clear or sparkle embossing powder.
This is especially wonderful when done on dark background. For this card, I use this same technique on a light pastel background and it turned out pretty lovely too. I hope you give it a try.
- WPlus9 Sparkle and Shine Clear Stamp
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers
- Versamark Watermark inkpad
- Hero Arts Sparkle EP
- Hero Arts Gold EP
- Wink of Stella - Clear
- Ranger Glossy Accent