Happy Friday everyone!
Inspired by a number of challenges I have been following all these while, I decided to make a card that I often enjoy very much, white embossing on white background.
However, a little different from my previous project where I normally do white embossing over a water colored background, which gives a more abstract look and design. This time, it is white embossing on white background.
I have a special edition set of Copics that has black color body which offers the Super Brush and Fine Tip on each end. I have never quite use the fine tip but I always thought it will come in handy especially when you want to do very fine coloring.
And how timely it is for me to come across Jennifer’s blog on using Copic Dot Coloring technique and this is where my fine tips are finally put to use!
Step by step instructions
- Mask the bottom left corner of the card to create a uniform border.
- Stamp Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds with Watermark ink.
- Emboss with WOW! Opaque Vanilla White embossing powder.
- Color image (with the mask still on) using copic by slowly dotting the different shades of colors (instead of the using the blending method)
- Use lightest grey copic (I used C1) and give a fine outline around the embossed image.
- Stamp sentiment using Versacolor Scarlet (#14).
### TIP : If you color/stain a little of the white embossed area, just use the colorless blender to clean it off!
Supplies and Tools
- Paper Smooches J2S216 Blossoming Buds
- Wow Opaque Vanilla White Embossing Powder
- Watermark Ink Pad
- Copic markers
- Versacolor Pigment Ink #14 Scarlet