Happy Monday everyone!
Today I am going to share a card with you using Penny Black Furry Love (3012J), which is a wood mounted stamp that was released many years ago. This is from their Valentine’s Day series and you can browse the rest of the critters here.
I bought this many years back, stored in my storage for at least 6 years and yes, I forgot about it until a dear craft friend of mine, Yenni, shared her coloring of this image on IG and that jotted my memory. We decided to do a card each and publish it together today!
So, here is my creation, based on a more distressed, aged and sepia look,
Step by step instructions
- Stamp Penny Black Furry Love image on Linen Texture card stock using Memento Rich Cocao Dye Ink
- Color image using Copic Markers
- Stamp the same image on masking paper and cut out. Mask the image and blend in Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet to create the distress background.
- Apply EK Success Powder Tool to prevent static for a clean embossing.
- Stamp part of sentiment from Penny Black To My Friend (1748F) with Watermark by covering parts of the sentiment with washi tape before inking and removing them after inking. Heat emboss with Ranger Distress Embossing Powder – Tea Dye.
- Trim the card stock to suitable size and round the four corner with the corner punch.
- Dry emboss the dots on four sides of the card stock using Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders dies through your die cut machine (I am using Evolution Advanced)
- Ink the sides of the card stock using Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet.
- Attached to card base using foam tape.
I have just created a Youtube account to share time-lapse videos of my card making process. I try to make everything in just one minute so you can get a quick view of the process.
Here is my maiden video to share with you.
If it inspires and helps you in some way in card making, it would be so encouraging to me if you like the video and subscribe to my channel.
I hope you like this Distressed vintage looking Penny Black critter. Oh, another thing to note is my love for linen texture card stock, it gives that great canvas look, here is a closer view,
Remember to check out what Yenni has made using this same image as it will sure surprise you!
Have a great week ahead!
Supplies and Tools
- Penny Black Furry Love! 3102J wood mounted stamp
- Penny Black To my Friend 1748F wood mounted stamp
- Copic Markers – W1, W3, W5, E11, E42, E44, E53, E55, R85, RV11, YG11, YG61 & YG63
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Victorian Velvet
- Ranger Mini Round Blending Tool
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders Die
- Evolution Advanced
- Watermark Ink Pad
- Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder – Tea Dye
- Foam Tape
Submitted to the following challenge(s)