“Dear Penny Black Hedgehog, you make my heart happy everytime I get to stamp your image.”
I really adore Penny Black Hedgehogs collection. These are the 2003 woodmounted stamps that I have in my possession for almost 10 years and I can only say that the quality of wooden stamps from Penny Black is really tip top quality!
After making the vintage card using Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I just fell in love with the pink tone and decided to edge this piece with the same ink.
Once again, a clean and simple (CAS) design as I think the hedgehog and bouquet is enough to really bring up the liveliness of the card.
Tools and Supplies
- Cream cardstock as card base.
- Extra cream cardstock for stamping hedgehog and heart.
- Penny Black 1444K Hedgehog Bouquet.
- Lawn Fawn LF704 Love You A Latte Clear Stamp and Lawn Fawn LF705 dies.
- Hero Arts CL129 Anytime Messages
- Versafine Onyx Pigment Ink.
- Clear embossing powder.
- Heat tool for embossing.
- Copic markers for coloring.
- Foam Tape.
- Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
Step by step instructions
- Stamp Penny Black hedgehog image on the cream cardstock with Versafine Onyx Pigment Ink.
- Stamp Hero Arts sentiment on the same cream cardstock with Versafine Onyx Pigment Ink.
- Emboss with clear embossing powder for both hedgehog and sentiment, heat set using heat tool.
- Stamp Lawn Fawn heart on a small piece of cardstock, emboss and trim out using Lawn Fawn heart dies.
- Color all images with copic markers.
- Paste the heart to cardstock using foam tape.
- Ink the edge of cardstock with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink.
- Adhere image cardstock to card base using foam tape.