Happy Saturday everyone!
I created another Clean and Simple (CAS) card but I am going to show you how I add a different tone shadow for sentiment using a double stamping technique.
For this card, I am using Simon Says Stamp Sending Happy Thoughts Clear Stamp set and two different tones of Premium Dye Ink Pad from Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals.
Step by step instructions
I keep a small spray bottle that is a mix of water and Ranger Perfect Pearls Powder. I keep this handy for different uses.
- Stamp sentiment “Sending” using Lawn Fawn Premium Dye Ink - Fake Tan.
- Ink top half of sentiment “Sending” using Lawn Fawn Premium Dye Ink - Freshly Cut Grass.
- Spray a little water that is mixed with Perfect Pearls onto the stamp, dab off excessive water with tissue around the sides of the stamp.
- Stamp the sentiment again, overlaying the first stamped image. (The water mix with Perfect Pearls gives a misty light shadow to the sentiment. It also adds shine and shimmer to the sentiment)
- Stamp sentiment “happy thoughts” using Lawn Fawn Premium Dye Ink - Freshly Cut Grass.
- Stamp leaf branch and flower.
- Score top and bottom of the image to add dimension to a single layer card.
The effect of the second stamping gives a layer of light color with shimmer (from the Perfect Pearls). It is almost like applying Wink of Stella - Clear over it but this method actually gives a better layer of shimmer. Besides, you can now create your own blend of ombre color tones of your choice.
I hope you give it a try for this technique. It will be great on large stamped areas for mixing different tones, which I will be making some huge floral prints with large stamp area using this technique.
Supplies and Tools
- Simon Says Stamp Sending Happy Thoughts Clear Stamp Set.
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink - Fake Tan, Freshly Cut Grass
- Ranger Perfect Pearls