Today I am going to share with you a card made with my winnings from a very generous crafter, Tracie Pond, who blogs at Little Bug Studio.
I was really excited when they arrived a few days ago and couldn’t wait to get my hands onto these.
So, here is my creation for today using Simon Says Stamp Sending And Wishing Clear stamp set and Sending die to cut out the sentiment.
Step by Step Instructions
- Die cut “Sending” on light blue cardstock and a darker blue cardstock for the shadow. I cut total of 5 pieces of light blue and 1 dark blue.
- Layer the die cut one over the other to form 2 separate “Sending” sentiments. One showing the light blue (using 3 pieces) while the other shows the dark blue (using 3 pieces).
- Layer the light blue over the dark blue sentiment showing parts of the dark blue cardstock to give an illusion of it’s shadow, and attached them together using a little glossy accent to keep it in place. I love layering them this way as it adds great dimension.
- Stamp banner using Mama Elephant Sweet Havana using VersaColor - Cyan and stamp sentiment “You Joy and Cheer” using Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink. Cut out banner using Mama Elephant Sweet Havana Coordinating Cuts. Although SSS Sending and Wishing set comes with a banner, but I wanted a banner that curves a little, which is offered by the Sweet Havana Set.
- Cut out white cardstock and emboss with Lifestyle Crafts Embossing Folders (Feather).
- Use Hero Arts Silky Sponge, pick up Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, and gently dab all over the cardstock. Lightly blend around the areas where the embossed feathers are, but gently dab all over the cardstock to give a subtle blue tiny spots.
- Position the cut out banner and die cut sentiment onto the embossed card.
- Adhere die cut sentiment “Sending” using Ranger Glossy Accent. Adhere banner using foam tape.
- Adhere a small bead for the letter “i”.
- Adhere the whole cardstock design over card base using foam tape.
I hope you like this design. Have a great weekend ahead!
Supplies and Tools
- Simon Says Stamp SSS 101475 Sending and Wishing
- Simon Says Stamp SSSD 111432 Sending Craft Die
- Mama Elephant Sweet Havana
- Mama Elephant Sweet Havana Coordinating Cuts
- Lifestyle Craft Embossing Folders - Feather
- Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink Pad - Walnut
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Tumbled Glass
- Versa Color - 19 Cyan
- Foam Tape
- Ranger Glossy Accent
- Evolution Advanced