I hope you had a wonderful weekend and today, I want to share with you the Stampendous embossing enamel that I won in a lucky dip in one of the local craft store some time back.
From the packaging, I was expecting it to be more of a distress type of embossing but it turned out great even for CAS cards.
And this is what I made,
Step by step instructions
- Tape the four sides of water color paper to create a uniform border around.
- Use thick brush and wet the water color paper.
- Use Distress Markers Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick, transfer the distress inks with a wet brush and color the background. I deliberately do more pink at the bottom left as I intended to stamp the flowers and to have the brighter yellow and orange at the top.
- Let the background color dry up and you may use heat tool to speed up the drying process.
- Stamp Lawn Fawn Flutter By with Watermark Ink and emboss with Hero Arts gold embossing powder.
- Stamp Paper Smooches “thanks” with Watermark Ink and emboss with Stampendous embossing enamel - Aged Rose.
- Ink the four sides with Watermark Ink and emboss with Hero Arts gold embossing powder.
- Adhere sequins with Ranger Glossy Accent.
- Attach the water color paper to card base using foam tape.
Hope you like this card.
In fact, I would actually try embossing the flowers with the Stampendous embossing enamel as well for my next project. But for this project, I wanted to try two different embossing powder together and see the effect.
Supplies and tools
- Lawn Fawn LF383 Flutter By Clear Stamps
- Paper Smooches M1S204 Bold Buzzwords
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick
- Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder
- Stampendous Embossing Enamel - Aged Rose
- Watermark Ink Pad
- Fabriano Water Color Paper
- Foam Tape
You may wish to check out the range of Stampendous Embossing Enamel available here.