This is the maiden post for my new blog and I am really excited to share with you this Thank You card using Magnolia Tilda stamp.
This project is really simple and the whole approach is to create a vintage Victorian theme by making the background look aged but not OLD looking, hence, the choice of very light pastel pink.
With the use of Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink, I have created a misty dreamy background and using the same ink for the die cut sentiment, I was able to make it blend perfectly to the background.
I did something different from my usual stamping. I wanted a lighter shade so that the lines will be much finer and even blend into the dark colors I am using for my painting. Hence, I did my first stamp on a piece of scrap paper before stamping it lightly on my cream card stock.
I also want to mention about the versatility of using Ranger Glossy Accent for most of my projects. After inking the die cut “thanks”, I applied a layer of glossy accent over it and that gives a wonderful finish which really makes it stand out.
Supplies and Tools
- Cream cardstock as card base.
- Additional cream cardstock for stamping image.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet.
- Magnolia I Can Fly Tilda Stamp.
- Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink.
- Lawn Fawn LF690 Thanks die cut.
- Ranger Glossy Accent.
- Copic markers for coloring.
- Wink of Stella White Shimmer Pen.
- Washi tape for masking the border.
- Foam Tape.
Step by step instructions
- Stamp Magnolia Tilda using Memento Dye Ink, first print on a scrap paper or masking paper (if you intend to have a mask copy to protect stamped image while doing background coloring), and use the second print on the cream cardstock.
- Color stamped Tilda with Copic Markers.
- Mask Tilda (Optional) and using Washi Tape to form a border around the cardstock.
- Paint background using Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet). Stamp ink on acrylic block, pick up the ink with a damp paint brush. Dry background using heat tool.
- Remove washi tape and masking paper cover Tilda (if using) carefully.
- Ink the edges with Distress Ink of the same color (Victorian Velvet).
- Cut out “Thanks” using Lawn Fawn die cut.
- Press die cut over Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet) to get the same tone (darker shade than background as there is no use of any water to dilute it). Use a pair of tweezers to hold the die cut and dry the ink with heat tool.
- Apply Glossy accent over die cut “thanks”. Let it dry.
- Adhere card stock of stamped Tilda on card base using foam tape.
- Adhere “thanks” sentiment over image cardstock using small foam tape/glue dots, for added dimension.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful paper crafting time!