Here’s another thank you card which is actually one of my favorite I did about two months ago.
I just had to share it here again (this is shared in my old website which I will be retiring and moving everything to this new blog) because of the use of two different Magnolia stamps and a quick and faster way to add dimension without any masking technique.
I have used Heartbreaker Edwin here as well as Spring Fence from my Magnolia collection.
What I love about Magnolia stamps is the range of stamps that you can use them together to create your own design and image. There are many ways to incorporate the different images together but for this piece, I preferred stamping Edwin on a separate cardstock and have it trim out and to be layered over my card base to give a better effect that he is sitting on the fence.
Here is a closer look and you can see that Edwin is kinda “floating” up from the fence and that is what I really like about this technique of combining different Magnolia Stamps. There is also no need to mask and it is very much faster.
Supplies and Tools
- Cream cardstock as card base
- Extra cardstock for stamping Edwin to be trimmed out.
- Magnolia Heartbreaker Edwin.
- Magnolia Spring Fence (Mini Version).
- Hero Arts CL129 for the sentiment.
- Hero Arts CL281 for the butterfly.
- Versacolor Ultimate Pigment Ink (Black).
- Versacolor Pigment ink (Green Tea) for stamping sentiment.
- Clear Embossing Powder.
- Heat tool for embossing.
- Copic markers for coloring.
- EK Success Cutter Bee Craft Scissors for precision cut out of the image.
- Foam tape.
Step by step instructions
- Stamp Spring Fence on card base with ultimate pigment ink, emboss with clear embossing powder using heat gun and color the image. Set aside.
- Stamp Edwin on separate cardstock with ultimate pigment ink, emboss with clear embossing powder using heat gun and color image.
- Trim Edwin image using EK Success Cutter Bee Craft Scissors.
- Place Edwin over the fence just to plan where to stamp sentiment and butterfly, so that Edwin image will not block the stamped sentiment and butterfly later.
- Stamp sentiment and butterfly using ultimate pigment ink, emboss with clear embossing powder using heat gun and color the butterfly.
- Stick Edwin over the fence using foam tape for added dimension to the card.
A clean and simple design which I think it is really easy to make as well. Try it!