Using different clear stamps from 2 Penny Black Clear Stamps, 30-189 Winter Fun and 30-079 Christmas with Mimi, I was able to create a totally different image for this Christmas Card.
I want to highlight the uses of Ranger Glossy Accent. Besides using is as a glossy finish for your work, it works extremely well in adhering fun flock, glitter and other small embellishments like sequins. Other type of glue also works well but glossy accent is also able to add a little bit more dimension when you apply more of it.
I did a masking of the Penguin stamp from Christmas with Mimi Clear Stamp set so that I could stamp the penguin first. I used masking tape to mask the part of the image I do not need. After inking, I removed the masking tape and stamped on my cream cardstock. Next, I stamped Mimi and the Christmas tree from Penny Black 30-189 Winter fun on the cream cardstock.
For the card base, I stamped all the snowflakes using Versamark Watermark ink and embossed with sparkle embossing powder. Once that is done, I position my image tag to decide where to stamp the sentiment “Merry Christmas”. The sentiment is also stamped with Watermark ink and embossed with seafoam white embossing powder by Ranger. Once all is done, I adhered the image tag over to card base with foam tape to give some added dimension.
The last part is to put a thin layer of glossy accent over the white portion of Mimi’s coat. I dust it with Fun Flock Cotton Ball White and tap off excess. I also applied a thicker layer over the star and penguin’s beak and feet.
And that’s it, let it dry and the card is ready!
Hope you like this technique of mixing and matching different clear stamps to create a totally different image.
Supplies and Tools
- Lavender cardstock as card base.
- Water Color 135 lbs for stamping image.
- Dark Blue cardstock for layering.
- Penny Black Christmas with Mimi 30-079.
- Penny Black Winter Fun 30-189.
- Snowflake stamp (I used one of the snowflakes from Hero Arts CL357 Holiday Dolls)
- Memento Black Ink.
- Versamark Watermark ink.
- Wink of Stella Red.
- Glossy Accent by Ranger.
- Stampendous Fuzzy Fun Flock Cotton Ball White.
- Hero Arts Sparkle Embossing Powder.
- Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder.
- Copic Markers for coloring.
- Caran D’ache Water Soluble crayons for background coloring.
- Foam tape.