I needed to make a Welcome Baby congratulations card and was really thrilled to visit my usual “playground” at CASology, CAS(E) this Sketch! and colorQ card challenges. They all came together wonderfully for me to create this clean and simple card.
CASology cue this week is POP and although most cannot really associate that with baby, but it is quite a common slang to use “pop” relating to “give birth” and so, I found this to be really fitting to this week’s challenge.
Step by step instructions
- Mask the border of Hero Arts Special Delivery wood mounted stamp with pieces of washi tape before inking with Versafine Onyx Black. After inking, remove the washi tape and stamp image on top left corner of card base.
- Stamp “Congrats” from Waffle Flower Congrats clear stamp set with Distress marker - Festive Berries. Clean off stamp.
- Ink the “Congrats” stamp with Versafine Onyx Black and stamp over the Red sentiment, shifting slightly off the first stamped image, to create like a double vision.
- Color all the images using water color technique with colors from Tim Holtz Distress markers - Everygreen Bough, Brushed Coduroy, Pine Needles. I use Tattered Rose and Spun Sugar for the baby’s face, cheeks and feet.
- Use Wink of Stella - Black on the sentiment and Wink of Stella - Clear on parts of the stork and baby carrier.
- Where some parts of the images is not clear, I used Copic Multiliner to correct it and make the lines clearer.
Here’s a look at the subtle shimmer from using Wink of Stella. This is the first time I am trying with Wink of Stella - Black. I used it only on the sentiment by dabbing all over rather than brushing it.
I hope you like this clean and simple design. I have stretched my Hero Arts Special Delivery stamp a little further by omitting the border during stamping.
I really like the red shadowy effect of the sentiment. It’s not the photo…the sentiment really gives that blurry illusion!
I find this layout is pretty interesting with everything focused on the top left side of a card. So, do join in the lovely challenges and have fun crafting!
Supplies and tools
- Hero Arts E3804 Special Delivery woodmounted stamp
- Waffle Flower Congrats clear stamp set
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Festive Berries, Everygreen Bough, Brushed Corduroy, Pine Needles, Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar
- Copic Multiliner 0.3
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink pad