Hope you had a wonderful week so far and getting all ready for the weekend!
Today, I am going to share another CAS (clean and simple) card idea using WPlus9 Sparkle and Shine clear stamp set. I love making encouragement card, nothing beats the feeling of encouraging or complimenting someone.
So, here is the card I made, though simple, but I really want to highlight the use of Tim Holtz Distress markers with Wink of Stella, the effect on gems is super!
Instead of the usual black ink, try out deep brown color inks for your stamping. It gives a vintage feel and blends well with ivory or light cream color cardstock.
Step by step instructions
- Stamp the sentiment using Memento Rich Cocoa on 140lbs water color paper.
- Stamp the main gem at the center bottom of the paper and stamp the same gem on a separate 140lbs water color paper (which will be cut out later). The cut out gem will be layered over the same gem that is stamped on the main water color paper.
- Stamp all the gems randomly, mixing the larger and smaller gems.
- Use Distress Markers, add the different colors to the different gems, leaving bits of white space in the gem image.
- Use Wink of Stella - Clear, apply over the gems and blending in the colors. The white space without distress marker colors will be lighter and will give a great effect.
- Use step 4 and 5 for the gem stamped on a separate water color paper. Trim out the gem. Attach to the main water color paper using foam tape.
- Edge the sides of the water color paper with Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink.
- Attach the water color paper onto card base using foam tape.
Here is a closer look at the gems, showing lots of sparkle and shine,
I hope you like this idea and technique of adding some sparkle to gems.
Here is a look at the complete stamp set by WPlus9. I like the fact that it comes with great sentiments and small images. The intent is to use the greetings and accentuate with all the lovely blings!
Supplies and Tools
- Memento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink
- WPlus9 Sparkle and Shine Clear Stamp set
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers (I used the following for this project - Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Ripe Persimmon, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar)
- Wink of Stella - Clear
- Foam Tape
- Daler Rowney 140lbs Water color paper